- This event has passed.
WHRRI Race Day
May 29, 2022 @ 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every day that begins at 7:00 am, happening 2 times
Detroit Region SCCA and Waterford Hills Road Racing present
Richard “Blackie” Meyers Memorial Race
2022 Joint Regional Qualifying Races
May 25 – 26, 2022
Waterford Hills Raceway
Sanction # 22-R-57305
- TIRE VENDOR: There will be a tire vendor available at the track. Please contact Ken Berman with Motorsport Tire 2 by phone at 248/595-9953 or by email at Kenneth.Berman@att.net.
Some updates on the DRSCCA/WHRRI Weekend:
- FRIDAY PRACTICE: There is an open practice day on Friday, May 27th. Registration will be at the base of the tower in the WHRRI paddock and is open to any licensed driver. They will be ½ hour sessions beginning at 12:00 Noon and ending at 4:00 PM. Closed wheel cars will start at the top of the hour and open wheel cars will start on the half-hour. The fee is $40 per session, cash. There will be NO announcements on the PA system…so stay alert. This practice is not sanctioned by SCCA.
- FRIDAY SCHEDULE: Registration and tech for the race weekend will be available on Friday afternoon. Registration and Express Tech will be available in the Frase Pavilion from 2:00 PM until 8:00 PM. Full tech inspection will be in the tech inspection area behind the Tower from 2:00 PM until 7:30 PM.
- PADDOCK PARKING: Below is a link to the map of the paddock and a list of reserved paddock spots. All paddock reservations expire at 9:00 am on the Saturday of each race weekend. After this time anyone may occupy a reserved paddock space. Since there will be no bracket racing this weekend paddock spaces 1 – 8 are available.
- SCCA American-Sedan class drivers may race with GCR-approved tires at the May 28-29, 2022 WHRRI / SCCA race. AS drivers seeking WHRRI Championship Points or Track Records will be required to run R-type tires as specified in the 2022 WHRRI Supplemental Regulations.